Wednesday 26 June 2019

1st Place goes to ...

Meet Freda ...

           
... and Fred.
Fred and Freda were having a race on a 100 square. Freda started at 30 and could jump two numbers every time. Fred started at one and could jump three numbers every time. Who got to 100 first?
Our Rimu mathematicians were on the case.  The majority decided to use a 100 square to help them track the jumps Freda and Fred made. This is how Bella solved this. Can you solve it in a different way?
Once you've solved it, leave us a comment to tell us who got to 100 first and how you solved it.

Is it or ?










5 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Mark, from St. Bernadette's School. You guys made this and it was really awesome it was so tricky and I like how you guys showed us how you guys solved it. I like how you did The Maths problem really tricky and I really like it, It's a good problem to make my day. This is just a favour maybe you guys should make a video of you guys solving the Maths Problems.
    My Answer is down below I also put on how I solved it.

    I think the Fred is on 1st place because for Freda if you multiply 2 by 35 it would be 70 and the main answer on Freda is 35 (keep in mind of 35).
    On Fred's one its 3 x 34 = 102, and the main answer is 34 (also keep in mind of 34). Now if you compare the time of 34(Fred's) and 35(Freda's), Fred's one is the faster time which would make him on first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Mark, I'm Amelia from Yaldhurst.

      I'm glad that you took the time to comment on our class blog. I like how you worked out the problem. I wonder if you were right because I never figured it out.

      Thanks again,

      -Amelia

      Delete
  2. kia ora i have just been on your blog and really enjoyed looking at your post on angela. did it take you long? thanks for sharing Na april

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Rimu class

    I like your ladybugs, who did you get their names? where did you get them?.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about