Monday 15 October 2018

And we're back ...

Today was the first day of Term 4 and we are ready for the fun and challenges that this term brings. We have all had a great few weeks break but we are excited to be back at school. This term is a really busy term for us. We are already practising for our Athletics Day next Friday and it is great to see so many children giving things a go, even though they feel they "can't" do it or are "not good" at it.

A new term means a new shared book, so this morning we voted and chose 'Boy Under Water' by Adam Baron. We chose it because the blurb excited us. When Mrs Taylor started reading it, we've found it to be really funny as well. We are happy with our choice and can't wait to hear about Cymbeline Igloo and his adventures and problems.


Also this term our Year 7 and 8 children will be completing the activity portion of their William Pike Challenge.

There will also be another Hooked on Books week in Week 6 and there is the opportunity for us to dress up as our favourite book character. What is your favourite book character? Who should we dress up as this year?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rimu!
    I hope you guys had awsome holidays. Boy Under Water sounds like an interesting book, I'll have to google the blurb before we get back. I am so exciteded that I will be back for Book Charcter day! It is one of my favort dress up days. My favort book charicters is a girl called Haley from my all time favort book; When Friendship Followed Me Home. I will defantly try and dress up as her for it. I cant wait to see you all when I get back! (Only two weeks now).
    From Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah,

      We are excited that you will be back soon. It really does feel like you have been gone for a....g....e.....sssssss! Knowing how much you like books, I knew you would be excited to hear that our Hooked on Books week is happening later this term. The character of our new book is called Cymbeline Igloo, what an interesting name. This is a new book for me so I am excited to find out what happens. What books have you read since you have been away?
      :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Rimu Class,
    Great Work! The book that you guys had chosen to read sounds so interesting, I'll be sure to check out the blurb right after this. I love athletics! It is good that you are starting to practice early. I also like how you encourage the children to do it even if they think they can't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my is Thomas from Kawakawa primary school I like the way your doing favourite book for a term The next step I think you should put a video of you reading instead of a video hope you enjoy BYE

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about