Monday 2 December 2019

Wellington Camp #1 - The train

Hello from the Interislander Ferry!
We have just started heading across the Cook Strait towards Wellington. We have had a great train trip; playing games, napping, going outside and being blown away (almost), eating, eating some more, dolphin and seal spotting, digger spotting ... what a blast. 

Everyone is excited and in good spirits. Here are a couple of photos from the day so far. 



6:45 am and we are all smiling.

Train!!!!

 Kaikoura pit stop.

Just before we all came down with zombie eyes (dust and pollen caused)

Wating for boarding the ferry.

Finally ... we are on the ferry. Whoop whoop!

8 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Rimu, Wow that trip looks exiting I wish I could have been there. But I would have probebly been sick half way.
    Hope ur all well,
    Tell everyone I said "HI" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Layton,

      I'm sure you wouldn't have been sick. It would have been great to have you on camp with us. Everyone says hi back!!! We are having a great time.

      :) Mrs Spragg

      Delete
  2. Hi Rimu class,

    Your going to wellington, on a train, my favourite type of transportation. When you get to wellington, I suggest going on the cable car.

    I've been to wellington, but I went by car, it was a long journey, how long did it take to get to the ferry by a train.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tyler,

    The train was pretty amazing. Have you had a journey on this one before?

    We are going to the Cable Car museum on Thursday. That should be a great trip.

    Thanks for commenting, keep checking out of our blog.
    :) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

      No I haven't been on that train before, but I have been on the train in shanty town.

      Delete
  4. Hey Mrs Spragg, It's me Lucy from Rimu. I really wanna be a year 7 or 8 now. We are doing a lot of stuff about carrars (I dunno how to spell that) What are your favourite part so far of the trip?. Tell everyone I said "Hi".
    :)
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kia ora my name is jamie I ike you pose maddye

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI year 7 and 8 and I love your poses we are having so much fun at school do you love the trip it looks so fun but we have to do work.

    kind regards
    Delilah

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about