Tuesday 21 May 2019

Winter Sport is Back for 2019!!

Last Friday saw the return of our local Winter Sport competition. This is where our Sports Teams travel to Hornby High School to play against other schools. This year we have 6 teams. They are ...
For many of our children, the sport they have chosen to play is new to them and they have been practising new skills and learning new rules. Their coaches have been very impressed with their enthusiasm and dedication during training sessions.

All children were very excited that the first day of the competition was finally here. From all the recounts from teams, everyone played well and with great sportsmanship. There were some wins and some loses but everyone enjoyed themselves. We are all looking forward to playing again this Friday.

Here are some photos from the Yaldhurst Explorers Game.
 . 





Does your school take part in something like our winter sports competition? Are you playing a new sport this year? What do you think the hardest thing about trying a new sport is?



4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Rimu Class,
    First of all, great post! I think its cool how you put up the team name. I also really like your creative team names!

    This reminds me of when people were playing hockey at my schools Catholic Sport Tournament.

    Question: Did yous win your first game?

    Answer to your question: My school does do winter sports at HHS too!
    We won our first game 2-12 and I think our team went really well.

    Good luck with your games!
    Yours Sincerely,
    Mya.H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Rimu Class,
    What an amazing post! Last week we also went to HHS to play our game of Netball!

    Question: Did you guys win the first game?! What was your scores!? What if we verse you guys?!

    It was totally fun having to play the game and versing and Hopefully you guys had fun playing and versing!

    My answer to your questions is:
    No I have never tried any other sports but Netball since Netball is my favourite sport I usually play it!

    I hope you guys win all the games!
    With Love
    Zipporah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora my name is Calais i attend to Pt England school i am also a year 8 thats really cool how you guys are learning how to do sports keep up with the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rimu Class Its Tamani Here From HHS and I really liked all the photos that you put on your blog post I noticed that you did not have a Rugby/League Team at HHS I play Rugby/League and I play for the Broncos Maybe Next time you could have added the scores for some of the games and if you won or lost.
    One Question What Is the most picked sport in your class?

    By For now Tamani

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about