Monday 22 July 2019

A box with an envelope saying CLUES ... weird way to start Term 3 Teachers



As the students arrived on Monday morning they found this box sitting on a table. It was a mystery and we were intrigued. 

Mrs Taylor and Mrs Spragg welcomed us all and went over some things for the day and the term and then it was time to have a look at the box.


Mrs Spragg read out the box and invited Zahrah to come to the front and open the envelope. We wondered what would be in the envelope. Would it be money? Or get out of school cards? Our hopes were high.


It was a picture of a shovel! What?!


Check out Zahrah getting all the clues out of the envelope.



So a bunch of pictures of things that have something to do with each other? Hmmm, it was a mystery. 


We spent a minute chatting with one another about some ideas. 

Sam came up with the idea that you would hit the outlaw with the spade and then bury the evidence with the other spade, then you could get past the lizards and dig up the treasure. 

Rhys wondered if you could put the lizards down the outlaws back and then hit him in the face with the spade and then dig up the treasure with the spades. 

Grace wondered if it was a book.

Sam had the pleasure of opening the box for us.




Oh! It was a book (well-done Grace).  A book called Holes. 

Mrs Spragg read out the back of the book and then Mrs Taylor read us the first two chapters. We are really excited to find out all about Stanley and why he has been sent to Camp Green Lake, and who his no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing'-great-great-grandfather is. And what is with the lizards?!














11 comments:

  1. Hi Rimu
    This looks really fun to do and super suspicious! This reminds me of when I was super small and I was in a circle with my class and we were passing a box around.
    Suspicious blog post I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Petelo,
      Thank you for commenting. I am glad you liked the title and read it. Isn't it great when things remind us of something we have forgotten. What was in the box?
      :) Mrs Spragg

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora, Rimu Class. I'm Mark from St. Bernadette's School. I like the way you guys come up with some good discoveries and funny guesses about what was in the envelope. This reminded me of when we also read the book in my old school last year, We even watched the movie of it and it was really interesting when we kept on listening and flicking through the pages, trust me you would like it. Could you please fix the video because it's unavailable on what I could see, I really want to see the clues that whoever put it there got.

    Kind Regards
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Mark,
      Thank you for reading and commenting on the class blog. Did you enjoy reading Holes last year? We are hoping to watch the movie at the end of the term, with ice cream!

      I am sorry about the video. I am going to try and fix it. I think it is too big, which is annoying.

      Thanks
      Mrs Spragg

      Delete
  3. Kia Ora Rimu Class,
    It's so cool that you guys had a mystery box with a book inside I think that is one amazing start to the term I hope I can see more from this blog through the term.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rimu Class. My name is Talia and I am from St.Bernadettes School.
    I liked your post about the box and envolope. It was interesting to hear. I think that was a very mysterious way to start the term.

    You guys had very amazing guesses. I wonder if it was there the whole time it was the holidays.

    Did you get to keep what you found?
    I hope to be commenting more on this blog.
    From Talia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora Rimu class, I am so excited for you guys and I wonder what will be in the box. This reminds me of when our teacher would put riddles on the whiteboard and we would get prizes if we got the answer. maybe next time you could share more ideas of what you guys are thinking the prize is.
    yours sincerely,
    Greer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia Ora Rimu Class,
    I am Denise from St Bernadette School in Ruma Rima class. I really like how you guys get to open a mysterious box with excellent clues. This reminded me of when there was an object put in front of us that the class haven't seen before and it was made of hard metal, we were also given only two clues and at the end we watched a video about what it was and what it is used for. This blog post was very interesting. Can you please look back at your post and make sure your video is working because I would be very interested of what it was?

    Yours Sincerely,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Malo Lelei Rimu class I am Fine From Tamaki primary School i Really liked you guys opening a mysterious box and if this was my class we would
    just put prizes inside and the box and we each have to guess what was inside the box and nex time could you please fix the video

    Kind Regards Fine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Fine I'm Corbin from rimu class and I would just like to say thanks for commenting on our post. I enjoyed reading your comment and I look forward to seeing more in the future and next time in a comment you could add a bit more writing kind regards Corbin.

      Delete
  8. wow i love your netball team by cameron

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about