Tuesday 13 November 2018

What an athletic bunch we have in Rimu

Monday was an important day in Rimu. Not because it was Mrs Spragg's first day back in Rimu after her 3 months off galavanting around the world, but because it was Zones Athletics. 

Our amazing sports heroes were supposed to go on Friday, however, the weather was pretty terrible. Thankfully Monday was a stunner and our 19 students jumped on the bus with Mr Robertson, Ms Lange and Judy. 

They had a great day, with many performing really well. We don't have the official results yet but we are proud of the way they represented their school, of the way they handled themselves during a hot day of competition and the way they showed great sportsmanship. 

Mahi whakamataku tamariki!

(Mrs Taylor and Mrs Spragg would also like to note that they had a lovely day working with the other 19 students. They were fab and worked so hard on other things.)

Here are a few photos Mr Robertson took at the running races.







5 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Rimu Class! My name is Lavinia from Waikowhai Primary School. I am in Hauraki. I really like how you wrote an introduction about your day. What you could think of next time is, you could add some of the events you did on the day. Other than that, nice work!
    If you would like to see some of my work, check out my blog at: wpslaviniac.blogspot.com. Please feel free to leave a comment or some feedback for me. I can't wait to see more of your work.
    Catch ya later bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Rimu class! My name is Chimay from Waikowhai Primary School and I'm a year 5 student. It's great to see you having fun at athletics day, it reminds me when we had our athletics day a week ago. I like the way you added a Maori phrase to your sentence! Right now I can't see anything wrong and I can't wait for your next post. If you would like to check out my blog go to https://wpschimayj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Rimu class, my name is Conrad and I am a Year 6 from Waikowhai Primary School. I really liked your amazing blog post about your athletics zones day. I liked it because of the fantastic photos and because you described when it was and how you got there. This reminded me of when I went to athletics zones at Three Kings. Where did have the athletics zones? Maybe you could do another blog post about your school athletics day. If you would like to see my learning here is the link to my learning blog. BLOG YOU LATER!
    https://wpsconradb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morena Rimu Class! I am a senior student at Waikowhai Primary School, my name is Ayva. These photos are telling me you had lots of fun and that everyone in your school tries their best at everything. They have fun which is the important part about sports and I really like that. Maybe next time think about describing the day a bit more. Other than that, it was a great blog post. Here is the website for my blog feel free to give feedback in the comments: http://wpsayvas.blogspot.com/
    I can't wait until your next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looked very scary racing all of those people.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about