Wednesday 27 July 2016

We love Book Week!

On Tuesday the 26th of July the author, Helen Taylor, came to our class and talked to us about  writing and illustrating. I think it was an amazing opportunity to learn if you ever wanted to write or illustrate kid's books. My favourite part was drawing the pukeko. By Zac Zuppicich, Year 7.

On Tuesday the 26th of July an author came in - her name is Helen Taylor. She showed us the steps to making a picture book. Sometimes it takes up to six months to make a book! Next she showed us the book called 'The Colour Thief'. Than she said we can do some drawing, so we had to choose a part from the book and draw it how you think it would go. I really liked this bit, I also really enjoyed all her artwork for books. I really want her to come in again to read us a book. I am happy some of her books are in our school library. By Paige Robertson, Year 8.



We would like to thank the NZ Book Council for sponsoring Book Week - we love hearing from published authors and illustrators!

3 comments:

  1. It certainly was great to be able to host Helen Taylor at YMS. Helen reminded me just how crucial an illustrator is when it comes to bringing text alive. I was also fascinated to read an interview with her http://my.christchurchcitylibraries.com/new-zealand-childrens-authors/helen-taylor/ where she reveals a little about herself.

    Thank you for making Helen feel welcome at YMS and it is great to see that she captivated your interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed her coming! I really what another illustrator or an author to came to our school again. We were very lucky to have her come in. Helen's talk made me what make a book too! Maybe when I am older I might be an illustrator or an author.Did anyone also like Helen coming in? Also If not Why didn't you like her coming in?

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Zidane. I am from room 10 Park Estate School. I really liked the bird drawings. Can you post more stuff?

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about